Tuesday 4 October 2011

halloween is looming

I have gone from blogging about summer sunshine, to the prospect of Halloween. Haha, isn't Britain wonderful? I'm having a Halloween house party this year, I've always been to them, but never actually held a Halloween party. I'm sure I'll blog like crazy about how we decorate the house, and exciting things like that.
I didn't want to just dress up as something that is classed as the Halloween normal, because well, I'm not normal. I thought the queen of hearts from the classic Alice in wonderland was outside of the Halloween norm, so i hunted high and low for a suitable costume... and this is what i settled with, happily must i add.





Admittedly, this isn't the scariest of all costumes. But doing my hair and makeup will work wonders.. see what i did there?! aha cringe at myself.
Who agrees those socks are hideous? I am never going to touch them again with a barge pole. There isn't a cat in hells chance I'm going to wear those things on Halloween. I'm so short, they basically are tights and reach my bum :|
As i said, i searched high and low for a suitable queen of hearts costume. It took me about a week of searching to find the right one, if they wern't too slaggy, they were too long, and if they wern't either of them, they didn't have my size or they only did one size, and if non of them, they were ridiculously priced. Ebay was the way forward. Mine came to around £20 in the end, including delivery. And I'll tell you now, that's a fraction of the price that some of these rip of sellers were charging. Let me know what you're going to be this year, i'd be ever so excited to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment